Written by Nicole Nembhard
The Paleolithic Diet (also called caveman diet, stone age diet or paleo diet) is a diet in which people were genetically designed to eat. Millions of years ago, people hunted for their own foods; hunting was the way of life. The Paleolithic humans ate all natural foods such as wild caught meats, fruits and vegetables.
The way people ate in the Paleolithic era compared to now is totally different because most of the foods that we eat today is unhealthy such as greasy foods, refined foods, GMO, and process foods. The Paleo diet is one of the most healthiest diets in the world because it consists of natural foods, natural sugars, and plenty of nutrients. It is the best way to get healthy, maintain a healthy weight and look great. There are many benefits that the Paleo diet offers but, be sure to take your multivitamins as the diet can lack in calcium intake.
Benefits of the Paleo diet
• Lowers the risk of obesity
• Prevents diabetes
• Lowers the risk of Heart disease
• Great for the digestive system
• Lowers the risk of cardiovascular disease
• Helps bones become stronger
• Improves your overall health
Foods to eat on the Paleo Diet
• Lean meats: Beef, lamb, goat, turkey and others
• Sea Food: Try to get wild caught seafood
• Fruits: Apples, banana, pears, oranges, berries, avocados, etc.
• Vegetables: Broccoli, spinach, carrots, kale, peppers, etcetera
• Nuts and seeds: Almonds, macadamia nuts, walnuts, hazelnuts and sunflower seeds
• Healthy Fats: Avocados, nuts, whole eggs, and fatty fish
What to drink
For more healthy lifestyle choices and advice, ask fitness trainer Nicole for more information!